Tax Forms: Which one do I submit?

April 23, 2021

If you’re here that likely means you’ve recently registered with Author’s Republic! Congratulations!

Before we’re able to produce or distribute your audiobook, and send you your hard earned royalties, we’ll need you to submit a tax form.

We’re here to help you decide which tax form is appropriate for you.

Where do I upload my tax form?

Step 1:

Log in to your Author’s Republic account and select “My Account” from the drop down menu in the top right corner.

Step 2:

Select the “Tax Forms & ID” tab

Step 3:

Choose the Tax Form Type that applies to you from the dropdown menu

Step 4:

Type in the required information digitally, sign, and select “Submit”

Which tax form can I expect to receive from Author’s Republic?

On a yearly basis, we’ll send you either a 1099 or 1042 tax form if you’ve been paid at least $10 in royalties over the tax year. If you have questions about which tax form you’ll receive from us and when, you can find more information about that here.

Please keep in mind that while we’re quite a talented team, we are not qualified to give tax advice. If you need additional guidance we recommend reaching out to a tax professional.

If you have any other questions about tax forms, please contact customer service at

*The information on this page is not intended as tax advice.